For a bento box : Recipe N°13
This tempura dough can be used for all types of green vegetables: if the vegetable is too hard, it should be steamed first.
- 125 g flour
- 50 g potato or rice starch
- 250 to 300 g of cold water
- 1 egg
- half a sachet of baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- small bouquets of cauliflower, broccoli or other green vegetables
- Beat the egg and water. Pour over the flour, starch, baking powder and salt mixture and smooth with a whisk. If necessary, loosen with a little water to make the dough more fluid.
- The vegetables in tempura are usually raw and sliced (cauliflower, zucchini, carrot), but here the cabbage florets have been lightly blanched.
- Dip a bunch of cabbage in the tempura dough, then drain it and place the bunch of cabbage in the frying pan to test the right temperature with the tip of a knife.
- The fritter must be golden brown for the cooking to be good so the moderate temperature allows for ideal cooking.
- At the end of cooking, place your tempura on absorbent paper to remove excess fat.
- Serve hot in your bento lunch with a soy sauce or nuoc mam sauce.