For a Bento Box recipe N°7
- 1 fillet of ultra-fresh bonito
- 10 cl ponzu with lime
- 1/6 watermelon
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 fresh green chilli pepper
- 3 sprigs of mint
- 1 tbsp. whole sesame seeds
- The juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp. Barolo vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. fin de Guérande sea salt
- 20 cl soy sauce
- 10 cl lime juice
- 10 cl Japanese rice vinegar
- 6 cl sake
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons whole sugar
- Prepare the ponzu. Pour the sake into a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Boil for 1 min, then add the sugar and let it melt in, along with the konbudashi if you use it. Finally add the soy sauce, lime juice and vinegar. Mix off the heat.
- Cut the bonito fillet in half lengthwise. Massage the skin with a trickle of olive oil, then place the pieces in the fridge for 30 minutes to cool before cooking.
- In a hot frying pan, place the half fillets skin side down. Grill over high heat until the skin is golden brown. Turn them, and grill the other sides quickly (about 30 s). You must keep the inside of the fillets raw.
- Transfer the fish to a small bowl, then pour the ponzu over it. Marinate in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Prepare the salsa: peel the watermelon, then dice the flesh. Peel and chop the red onion. Seed and chop the chilli pepper. Mince the mint leaves.
- In a frying pan, toast the sesame seeds over high heat.
- In a bowl, combine the watermelon, red onion, chilli, mint, and sesame seeds. Add the salt, lime juice and vinegar. Mix, then leave to macerate for 15 minutes.
- Cut the bonito into strips of 1 cm thick. Serve it with the cereal mixture, salsa, sprinkled with fleur de sel and drizzled with the ponzu sauce from the marinade and olive oil.