For a bento box : Recipe N°40You don't know how to make an onion compote here's the ideal and unbreakable recipe.
- 4 large onions
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 cl olive oil
- 10 cl salted soy sauce
- 20 cl sweet soy sauce
- 1 drizzle of rice vinegar.
- Mince the onions.
- Sweat the onions in a saucepan with hot olive oil.
- Mix well.
- Add the garlic clove and bay leaf (or bouquet garni), mix and cover with a baking paper disc.
- Count about ten minutes over moderate heat.
- Remove the greaseproof paper, the onions are translucent, it's time to add the soy sauces and rice vinegar.
- Cover again with the paper and let simmer gently for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the sheet of paper and check the cooking.
- If too much moisture remains, cook over low heat for a few minutes uncovered.
- Remove the bay leaf and put it in your bento with grilled meat (duck or beef).