For a bento box : Recipe N°11
- 12 raw shrimps
- 100 g flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 15 cl of iced water
- sunflower oil
- Shell the shrimp, keeping the tail and shell just at the base of the tail (to make it easier to hold the shrimp when dipping them into the batter and then eating them!).
- In a salad bowl, beat the egg yolk with the ice water and then the flour (preferably sifted to avoid lumps).
- In a saucepan, heat sunflower oil for frying the shrimp fritters.
- Dip the prawns into the dough (holding them by the tail) and place them in the hot oil.
- Cook the tempuras until they are golden brown.
- Drain them on absorbent paper at the end of cooking.
- Arrange them nicely in your bento.
- Enjoy your shrimp tempura with a hot sauce, sweet and sour sauce or soy sauce (sweet or salty according to taste).