For a bento box : Recipe N°9
- 600 g very fresh salmon fillet
- 350 g round rice
- 35 cl of water
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- Wash the rice several times, until the run-off is clear (to remove as much starch as possible).
- Put it in a saucepan, add the water, cover and bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes, then remove from the heat and leave covered for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the rice vinegar, sugar, salt and sherry vinegar. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Pour this mixture over the rice and stir.
- Leave to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, cut the salmon fillet into thin strips.
- Moisten your hands and form small oval-shaped rice pies the length of the fish strips.
- Place one salmon slice on top of each rice ball.
- Put the sushi in your bento lunch, sprinkle the Japanese vegetables and salad in the bottom.