For a bento box : Recipe N°14
an invigorating and tasty Japanese dried seaweed broth
- 50 g dried bonito flakes
- 30 g of kombu
- 1/2 litre of water.
- Soak the dried kombu in cold water for about 20 minutes and rinse several times.
- Place the rehydrated kombu in a pot of cold water and heat without boiling (80°C).
- As soon as the seaweed begins to float, remove the pan from the heat.
- Pour a glass of cold water to warm the broth.
- Add dried bonito.
- Cover and leave to macerate for 2 to 10 minutes depending on the desired strength.
- Strain through a sieve and pour into your bento.