For a Bento Box Recipe N°5
- 200 g boneless chicken
- bread crumb softened in water
- 1 egg
- Grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 4 tablespoons shoyu (Japanese soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons mirin (syrupy rice wine)
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- some sansho pepper
- Grill the pine nuts in a pan without fat. Grate the ginger.
- Chop the chicken. Crush the skin crumb wrung out in a mortar and add the minced meat and egg. When the mixture is homogeneous, add the grated ginger and pine nuts. Season with a teaspoon of sugar, salt and sansho. Knead by hand and form into balls. Fry the balls in a little oil on all sides.
- In a glass, mix 4 tablespoons of shoyu, 2 tablespoons of mirin and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Add to the dumplings, roll them in the sauce and baste them several times. The sauce should either thicken and reduce without burning. When they are glazed, remove the meatballs from the pan. If there is some sauce left over, set aside some sauce to baste the meatballs just before serving.